How long it has been since I have visited my blog.
Some of you have kindly been asking about my disappearance,
Last year I finished up with my Kindergarten Cherubs and began preparing like crazy for the incoming new bunch. I knew I needed everything ready to go because I was taking a holiday for the 2 weeks right before school was due to come back so…
I had the to do list.
I prepared name plates, desk plates, news charts, books, diary/daybook plans, new storage containers, new alphabet charts, coordinating signs and Daily Five posters. You name it I had it ready.
I was set…or so I thought.
Just five days before I was to leave on a 2 week family holiday to Bali…my boss called and asked me if I would step into a new role for 12months as Acting Head of Junior School.
Our Head of Junior School was taking a 12month sabbatical leave.
My world was rocked…and I was excited all at once!
My very well, okay…
prepared world came crumbling down around me.
I had 5 days to get my head around things and would start back in this new position the day after I returned from my holiday. It was a busy 5 days to say the least.
1-6 in FIVE DAYS.
1. My beautiful baby sister had a baby girl.
2. My sister in laws father died tragically of cancer and we had a funeral.
3. I had to have a bone scan and other medical tests before I left to explore a 12month hip pain that apparently should not have been left 12months. All turned out good though so who says we cant diagnose ourselves!
4. I had to meet with my boss and find out what the year was to hold
5. I had to grieve losing my Kinder babies and entrust them to another. This was a biggy, especially on Day 1 of the term. Yes I did tear up secretly as I watched them transfer their love to another.
6. Oh yes…I had to holiday pack too.
Hectic 5 days but doable!
Thankfully I have the best boss who mentors by example and encouragement.
I have already learned so much from her.
I also work with a great team of very committed and gifted teachers who are amazing to work with.
I am grateful for this opportunity to serve God in a different way this year.
I have some funny stories to share so please stay tuned.
I will be back!