Wednesday 10 July 2013

almost back to blogging…

Liebster Award: Discovering New Blogs

THANK YOU TESS from The Teacher and the Frog.

After another day of professional development during winter holidays, I was thrilled to discover that Tess had nominated me for the Liebster Award. It's an award in recognition of new bloggers with under 200 followers. 200 seems like a dream away to me at this point and I would be happy to make 20. (Currently I have 12 followers)
So…
thanks for your encouragement Tess.
I greatly appreciate the sentiment and it has given my day a boost.

Here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

Here are the blogs that I nominated:

1. Michelle at Mrs Whary the Teaching Fairy

2. Maria at First Grade Carousel

3. Nancy at For Love and Laughter

4. Erin at The short and Sassy Teacher

5. Terri at Soul Wishes

 

11 Facts About Myself:

1. I have 100’s of Winnie the Pooh items in my classroom.

2. I LOVE chocolate but not white chocolate.

3. I LOVE being the mother of teenagers.

4. I am a Christian.

5. I really like red things…boxes, pens, bags, hats, shoes!

6. I live in Australia!

7. I have a new car after 16years.  YAY!

8. I am the neglected middle child. I have a big brother and a little sister.

9. Steve Martin is one of my all time favourite actors.

10. I LOVE to laugh…a lot!!!

11. I’m really scared of snakes and lizards…real or fake…yes pictures too!

 

Here are the questions that Tess asked me:

1. What advice would you give a first year teacher? Stay teachable! Learn as much as you can from your colleagues and have a go at everything.

2. What is your favourite book to read aloud to your class? Press Here by Herve Tullet

3. Tell me about a memorable student that you taught.  I taught my daughter for 6 months in Kindergarten.

4. Tell me about your pets.  I have a 10 year old goldfish…but I'd rather have a dog!

5. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without? Colour

6. What movie title would you pick as your life story? Somewhere in Time

7. What is the last thing you purchased? A block of chocolate…oh dear!

8. What is your favourite music? Anything my son plays on the piano…corny but true!

9. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? cheese

10. Why did you decide to start a blog? Looked like fun and was a challenge…a big challenge!

11. What are some of your favourite blogs you follow? Oh my…I find new one’s everyday!…Mrs Whary the Teaching Fairy and Mel from Frog Spot , are just 2 favourites. Smile

Questions For My Nominees:

1. What is the first thing you do at school each day?

2. What can’t you live without?

3. Who is your inspiration?

4. When did you last shop for classroom items?

5. Where did you get your last bargain from?

6. Name the movie that made you laugh most?

7. What makes you smile?

8. How many kids have you taught?

9. What are you afraid of?

10. What book would you buy for a new teacher?

 

Don’t forget to follow me…my target is 20 followers
by the time school goes back!

Yes…i know it’s only a matter of days. 

What can I say, I’m an optimist.

Happy Wednesday!
Mrs StoweSmile

2 comments:

First Grade Carousel said...

Thank you soooooo much for the nomination. I received the award last summer, so not sure that I can do it again. You can find my post about it here; http://firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html
I love your blog. We are on summer break now and I am missing teaching. Your Fall colors remind me I will soon be teaching again. I am now a follower.
Maria
First Grade Carousel

Unknown said...

You are most welcome and thanks for your encouragement! Being new to blogging I really don't know what I'm doing but it's a fun journey. Good luck with the awards!

Julie :-)
Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

Post a Comment